Bacon Mushroom Honey Dijon Chicken Recipe!!
Honey Dijon Chicken Smothered in Bacon, Mushrooms, Cheese & Green Onions…YUMMY!!! This is the best tasting recipe I have EVER made!! I don’t make it very often because it’s a little expensive and I have two young children that might be a little wasteful with it. This is not something that I would normally cook for my family of 4. To me it’s one of those recipes that’s really good for couples without children. I personally tend to make this recipe more for special occasions for my Husband. For example: during the week of birthdays, anniversaries, candle lit dinners.. & sometimes, I make it just to surprise him since it’s his F A V O R I T E & since Valentine’s Day is coming up, I just may make it one day that week…if he acts right 🙂 (haha! just kidding.) but just if you’re interested the recipe is as follows:
- 1/8 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup of Honey
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1lb Boneless Chicken Breast
- Dash of Paprika
- 1 cup of Sliced Fresh Mushrooms (I normally use the ones from Save-A-Lot in the can)
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 3 slices of bacon cooked & crumbled (use as much bacon as you want)
- Chopped Green Onions
1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil and lemon juice. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in remaining oil on all sides. Sprinkle with paprika, remove and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms with bacon until tender. Remove and set aside.
4. Add chicken breasts to skillet, top with mushroom and bacon then cheeses & green onions!
5. Cook over low heat, covered for 15-20 minutes until juices run clear. Serve immediately.
E N J O Y !!!!!! 🙂